What is IVF cost in Delhi ?
IVF or commonly known as test tube baby is a highly specialised technique in reproductive medicine involving highly skilled team and a good quality IVF lab set up. Delhi & NCR , as capital of India has lot of good options for IVF procedure but there is lot of variations among clinics regarding the total cost of treatment. As a marketing gimmick many centres claim an attractive low pricing to attract clients but when it comes to actuals , people end up paying even more than average IVF expenses to these centres .
One should first understand what an IVF package actually involves and offers.
A typical IVF procedure cost in NCR Delhi
( Self cycles = Using couple’s own eggs and sperms ) involves following steps and accordingly the
- Routine tests – Some tests of the couple are done to assess their fertility potential and fitness for the IVF procedure
- Ultrasounds and consultations – For monitoring of IVF cycle, the fertility specialist assess you with trans vaginal ultrasounds at frequent intervals and thereby prescribes the required injections and tablets.
- IVF stimulation agents – Hormone Injections are used for growing multiple follicles /eggs. They are usually expensive and dosage required may vary from case to case.
- IVF Lab & procedure expenses – A major expense in IVF cycle is of the IVF laboratory and IVF procedure . It includes procedure of egg retrieval under anaesthesia, fertilisation by ICSI or IVF by embryologist , culture of embryos in lab and finally embryo (babies) transfer by
- Supportive Medicines (apart from stimulation injections)- it includes few tablets and injections which are added to support implantation after IVF.
- Donor eggs – Some IVF cycles involves use of donor gametes in which case the expenses would be different . For example in Donor eggs IVF cycle, the cost of compensation given to donor lady would be additional apart from usual expenses. This additional compensation will again depend upon the profile of the donor lady and number of eggs taken.
- Donor Sperms– Semen Sample taken from Approved Sperm banks will incur additional cost. This expense, again depends on the donor profile and semen bank.
- Sperm retrieval techniques – In cases of azoospermia (absence of sperms in semen) the husband requires surgical procedure of PESA or TESA or MicroTESE to extract sperms directly from the testes, which will be charged separately.
- Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy procedures – In certain cases, a preIVF hyteroscopy or aparoscopy needs to be done. So depending upon the surgical procedure involved the additional expenses will be incurred.